Friday, January 22, 2016

Maxim Tsvetkov: “Last season I was dying now accelerates” – SPORT – EXPRESS

WORLD CUP

A year ago on this same road that brought him silver, Maxim Tsvetkov finished 65th and did not get into Pursuit

Elena Vaytsehovsky
of Anterselva

Now, sitting in front of journalists with a sense of accomplishment, the athlete said.

– At the beginning of the season I was hard, but now I feel like I can fight on equal terms with all the guys in the team. Feelings have changed in early January. I began to feel that it took the internal stress and fear for his place in the team, came looseness, and it became a better result. Last year, I was all quite different: started the season well, but then the results have gone down. Began to improve only at the very end.

– you with something associate this difference?

– Once the team came Ricco Gross, a different approach to training. The first half of the season Ricco constantly supported me, soothed, said that there is no reason to worry, you just need to safely train and prepare for performances. And run like in training. When in Hochfilzen, I showed good results in the pursuit (Tsvetkov started 29th and finished 11th, a pure shoot all four borders. – Note. EV. ), then the soul kak I immediately felt better. Still, it’s a big deal when the coach supports you so.

– What is the progress you all right, it was clear on the first lap. And how confident do you feel?

– shoot very calm and relaxed. Did not see any problem to cover the target.

– Olga Podchufarova said after his victory that he considers the ideal of the race. And what do you say?

– If I went three laps as the first, would say the same thing. But at the finish I felt a little “slack”. Therefore, the ideal would not call his performance, but it was somewhere very close to it. Maybe it’s the fact that on the first lap I slightly overestimated the speed.

– The Anterselva fairly sophisticated approach to the shooting range, but the turn is almost no wind. What is more important to you? A simpler approach or quieter shooting?

– With the approach I do not see any problems for yourself. In Hochfilzen and Ruhpolding approach was easier, but I felt good out there, and here. The wind, of course, complicates the shooting. Anyway, for me it is difficult to shoot in the air.

– Do I have to, from your point of view, before the World Cup to fly at a stage in America?

– It is necessary to talk with the coaching staff. They make decisions.

– And if it coaches ask you?

– Actually, I’m feeling good, do not have any failures, that is, I myself would like to go. I feel the strength to fight – so why not go? Not like last year, when at some stage I just did not have the strength. In the same Anterselva year ago I ran very hard. As in the previous two – in Oberhof and Ruhpolding. Just dying. And now I feel that is dispersed.

– Horror high mountains – this is not for you?

– I do not feel the height, to be honest. Although usually in the mountains it is run me hard. I do not even know what it was. Perhaps more correctly was built training plan can be, he played the role of an earlier arrival on stage – managed to adapt.

– The goal on the podium of the World Cup you followed . What next?

– I’m not going to dwell. I do not think that I have reached a ceiling. I will fight in every race. It would be desirable in Totale climb higher. Login in the top ten, for example.

– What is the goal of the season – the overall standings?

– You could say that. In addition, know that you’re guaranteed to be running to mass start at the World Cup, too, is important.

– What to you psychologically easier – sprint and pursuit?

– Actually, I better get to catch up. And this year in pursuit felt better all win back the position. Will play one position now? I do not know. But I will try.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment