Saturday, January 30, 2016

Evgeny Medvedev: “I ride the subway, like all people” – RBC

This season – a real breakthrough in the career of 16-year-old figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva. She won the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona, ​​the championship of Russia in Yekaterinburg and here on Friday – the European Championship in Bratislava. Ahead is another unconquered peak – World Cup ( Boston, USA, March 26 – April 3). And the Olympic Games, to which another two years.

As a result of the short and long programs at the European Championships Medvedev scored 215.45 points silver medal with a score of 209.99 points won Elena Radionova. Third was Anna Pogorilaya ( 187,05). For the second year in a row podium was completely Russian. In 2015 in Stockholm, the gold won Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, the second was Radionova, third – Pogorilaya.

After rolling in Bratislava Medvedev talked with reporters to talk about their feelings after the victory.

– Today, when I was sitting in the Kiss-and-edge, the first time I cried from happiness. I have never had such a splash of emotions. It was both very suddenly, and I was very happy … It’s beyond words!

– Did you know how to skate Elena Radionova, leaving the free program?

– No, I even closed ears palms, not to hear the points of Lena.

– Why was it so important to know the amount of points?

– In fact, I always close my ears, I have such a habit. It is still so happened that I quickly prepared for the program. However, even if I listen to the evaluation. I did not hear. This here is my difficulty.

– Elizaveta Tuktamysheva not selected on the European and world championships, and therefore a triple axel in Boston will show only Mao Asada. Do you think that in the future, you may need a triple axel in the arsenal?

– I do not promise that I will try a triple axel. This year, definitely not. Maybe I’ll try to learn a quadruple Salchow at the end of the season. Clarify immediately that this is only my guess.

– you intrigued quadruple salhovom.

– I just have never tried him jump, honestly, but Since we were talking about the increasing complexity of the programs, the most likely option – this is Salchow. As everyone now realized, snipe (and, accordingly, a triple axel) – it’s not exactly what you need.

– A bug in the double axel – a thrill or a technical error?

– This is, I just let my head. This loss of concentration, and on this, too, need to work.

– What are the first thoughts in my head came when you realized you won?

– I do first no thought had not occurred. And the next thought – thanks to my coaches. Without them, this would never have had. I am extremely grateful to them.

– who had first to congratulate you? Apart from the coach, of course.

– I’ve now even open a message … I’ll tell you. Sania Stepanova congratulated first. Since there is no Internet, I can not see the messages in social networks, but the first smska it came from Sasha Stepanova.

– How much pressed to realize that you – a potential leader? Provided that you start?

– In fact, the start was for me very nervous, because not all did manage to workout here is perfect. I was very nervous in the short program, and this day break – another day experiences to an arbitrary – added excitement. Thoughts, of course, very different in my head coming, but with this we must be able to fight.

– Does the attitude of the people around you as you’ve become famous?

– I do not feel from my friends any change in the relationship. Since I have friends not so much, and I value them very much, very dear to me support my relatives and friends.

– The street has become to know?

– Honestly? No, it never came up.

– A wish?

– It would be interesting, yes. However, there was a story in the subway … I was sitting, it was winter: in a jacket packed in the hood. In front of me was a couple – a man and a woman – and I heard a woman quietly said: “This is Medvedev Eugene, Eugene Medvedev!”. I then eyes lifted, but to me they do not come.

– Eugene Medvedev riding the subway?

– Eugene Medvedev riding the subway, as well as all people, yes.

– How difficult was it to ride here, given that the gold medal to you, in fact, fans and journalists in advance hanged about his neck?

– I have not heard a word about it, seriously. For me the main thing – is to go out and skate at 100 percent. I mean, I try not to go into the social networks, which have expressed some assumptions and make bets. I never guessing ahead and try to disengage from it.

– In general, during the season you follow social networks?

– Yes, I watch.

– Ahead of the World Cup. On the final Grand Prix was already reconnaissance, but still, what do you expect from the competitors?

– I’m sure every girl going to work to the maximum, because it is an important start in the careers each athlete. Everyone will be fighting for the podium.

– You almost from day exercise led Eteri Tutberidze. How much are you able to realize all the things that you put in the coach?

– To be honest, most of all coming from her because he is a man of willpower unreal, unreal performance. Eteri G. – a man whom I respect immensely and I will always listen to it and realize all what she says.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment