Monday, January 18, 2016

Alexander Shlemenko: “I like the format of the Grand Prix» – FightTime

 

– On Saturday, I signed a contract – and take part in the Grand Prix of the organization M-1 in weight to 84 kg, – he said in an interview Shlemenko Matchtv.ru. – The tournament will be four fighters. February 19 will take my fight with Vyacheslav Vasilevsky, March 4, will be the fight of the second pair. The winners will meet on 17 June. I like the format of the Grand Prix. I won their eight pieces of his life – and I want to win for the ninth time. Before the official announcement, I can not say who will be the second pair. Just to say that the Grand Prix will be the strongest middleweights fight three Russian and one foreigner. I am sure that, for example, the same Japanese RIZIN could not find men more if held Grand Prix middleweights. I am pleased that our organizations grow.


 

– What Russian promotions give you a contract?

 

– As far as I know from his manager – all basic. At M-1 was the most suitable option to us. I wanted to go back to fighting as quickly as possible, because I’m used to fight often, and here a year without fighting. M-1 offered the fastest to return to business – and against a strong opponent. It suits me.


 

– We Fight Nights Tournament February 26th. This option does not suit you?



 

– Fight Nights could not give me a fight in February. About other promotions I just do not like to talk a lot, as it currently does not make sense. I have a fight on February 19 M-1 – and I focus on that.


 

– You are suspended from playing in the US for three years, the court on your case is scheduled for July. Why did you decide to fight, without waiting for the verdict?



 

– I’m a law-abiding person. When the athletic commission has not responded to evidence of violations in the collection of doping tests at the loss of one of the tubes, the lack of the B sample, I sued. It was summer. The hearing was scheduled for December 2, – I was waiting for this date. But on December 2 court postponed the trial for 7 months. I can not so much time to sit around. I hope to win a court in July, but lose in anticipation of another six months, and ruin my career, I do not intend to.


 

I have consulted with my family, with my manager Alexei Zhernakova – and decided to go back to fighting. I was a fire, I want to fight. Doubts have been this: everyone has a purpose in the sport – and my goal was to regain the title Bellator , which I lost a half years ago. But if you do not give me that do not allow to perform in the United States, I will fight in Russia. This workaround.


 

– You have a valid contract with Bellator. They were allowed to speak to you in Russian?



 

– There had to come a written confirmation of their agreement. This issue is my manager. I am sure that this side is all right, because we always comply with all rules and regulations. Without the permission of Bellator I have no right to fight anywhere else.


 

– The M-1 fight in “Rage”. How will you prepare for this?



 

– It is clear that no one in the hall there is “rage” for training: there is usually a ring and cage. Here we have in the room is just a cell. I think the “rage” is still more like a ring. There’s no prizhmesh man in the cell. But this is only a theory: I’ve never fought in “Rage” – February 19, will appreciate.


 

– The Vasilevsky dangerous for you?

 

– He Honored Master of Sports in combat sambo. He has a hard punch with both hands. Very good opponent. Specifically, under the glory I have not started to prepare: while gaining shape, restore funktsionalku. Monday will have to prepare for battle with Slava.


 

– Before the fight five weeks. Is that enough?



 

– In principle, yes. Four weeks of training specific to the opponent, then a week before the fight – should suffice. This experience I have: to prepare for the battles in the US I was often just a month. I am now 60-70 percent of forms returned.


 

– You’re taking a break in training this fall?

 

– There was a lot of traveling around the country – from St. Petersburg to Kamchatka. Shooting, workshops, tournaments, which I called guest. I’ve been training, but little snatches. Plus these travels disrupted diet sometimes even one or two times a day could eat. Weight dropped to 86 kg against this background. But in December, I went back to training, now 89 kg. In principle, almost my fighting weight.


 

– Now your school in Omsk to prepare the coming battles just three men: you Sarnavsky and Kunchenko. This prevents or helps?



 

– Yes, a little preparation is layered. But it is good that we now have four professionals in the hall. Earlier we trained three: I, Andrew roots and Sasha Sarnavsky. And in 2015, Lech Kunchenko joined our team – and it helps, I’m sure, to us and to him. I am glad that he is with us.


 

– to you in the hall recently visited Povetkin coach of the impact force. Cooperate?



 

– Yes, it’s Alexander G. Paramonov, he Omich – and come to our school, “Storm”, when he was in Omsk. We were introduced Sanya Povetkin. I’m interested in Alexander G. technique. How effective it can be judged by, again, Povetkin: maybe wrong, but I believe that Sanya has become tougher to beat after the start of cooperation with Paramonov.


 

– How did you react to the interview Vladimir Mineeva press service of Fight Nights titled “I want to beat Shlemenko»?

 

– I find it difficult to perceive the words of a man who says something for the men’s actions while being photographed in women’s clothes. Especially when he says that I have something about him rattled and hid. In my opinion, it is not entirely appropriate.


 

– Are you interested in a fight with Mineev?

 

– At the moment, from the sporting point of view – is uninteresting. His interview is not affected. To me it was interesting, even turning to my manager Alex Zhernakova.


 

– only that the contract with the UFC released a popular veteran MMA Wanderlei Silva. It’s just your weight up to 84 kg. Do you think you can cross him somewhere outside the United States?



 

– It is difficult to say. Probably, Russia could. I think our organizations have the possibility to invite these fighters. It would be great.


 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment