Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Roy Jones: “Now I am registered in Moscow” – SPORT – EXPRESS

BOXING

Yesterday the vice-champion of the 1988 Olympic and four-time world boxing champion received a passport of the Russian Federation. Immediately thereafter the newly Russians came to the editorial office of “SE”.

Roy Jones: “Now I am registered in Moscow”

– A couple of hours ago, you officially become a Russian citizen. How does it feel?

– Good! In fact, the passport – it’s just paper. The fact is that now I can really consider Russia their home. And this feeling has appeared before all the formalities have been completed. Hardly having appeared in a chair plane flying to Moscow, I realized that I really going home. After obtaining a passport I went to Red Square. But if you had, I felt that I was there seemed odd, but now I was at ease. Not a tourist and a local!

– you got the passport in a festive atmosphere, not as an ordinary citizen. Plenty of attention did not seem strange to you?

– I can not say that I expected it. The surprises started at the airport, where I met a bunch of cameras. I even worried. I think that for excitement? Did I kill someone? What can I say? God works in mysterious ways. I am convinced that for a long time.

Could I have imagined as a child that I would become so who turned out now? I do not like the heavyweight champion of pure physique. In my heart, I heavyweight! But in reality, in size and up to a full cord nedotyagivaet. Only after all this did not prevent me to become heavyweight champion! Little did I imagine that I would become a citizen of Russia? Black, short-haired – not exactly a typical portrait of Russians as well? But I’m Russian! God knows best. So, the fact had his own reasons.

I do not need hype PRESS

– In addition to the journalists at the airport you are waiting bikers …

– “Night Wolves”!

– Your track record is not that only: boxer, coach, commentator, actor and musician. Now we have a biker?

– Actually, this is not news. I’ve been fond of motorcycles. Although the party biker “gangs” have never been. A “units” I had as many as four. Two of them are still ride. In short, I experienced biker. And for me, this is another sign from above that I do what I have to do.

– But you admitted that the decision to take Russian citizenship – a step for which you pushed the calculation.

– The impetus was the moment when I learned how much in Russia love boxing … and me. People know Roy Jones because of boxing. I perfectly understand that. God’s gift in the ring – that’s why the world has heard about me. When you love for your job, you can share with people of their understanding of life. I’m sure a lot of people in Russia, we think alike. Because I’m simple and straight people. I do not need bases, public controversy and hype in the press. I want to fight. If you are the best, or at least think so, I want to look at you. Because I think that the best – I have. In my opinion, there is no place more directly. So easy for people to understand me.

– You have stated the press that one of the reasons for a new passport – business. What exactly are we?

– I often come to Russia to work. For example, I helped Fedor (Chudinov. – Note. “SE” ) to prepare for his last fight. Now, to work with Fedor, I do not need a visa, I can just come home. The winners and I and Fedor. In view of the political situation there was a risk at all to be refused entry into Russia. Now, this is no problem.

– Do you realize that in Russia you love?

– My friend Shahin (Russian boxer Adigozalov. – Note. “SE” ) told me in 2011 that the Russian me crazy. And I had no idea. Before that I was in Russia in 1986. Then the method was at least cold. So at first I did not believe him. But then to see this. It shocked me how things have changed! And I tell you, I love that kind of love.

You know, I’m a musician. And sometimes I write songs together with someone famous. I ask, why not do so often. I always say the same thing: if someone wants to work with me, I want to work with them. If for working people want money, or they need to be persuaded, I do not need. Paying for something to be someone else? What more! Do you want to work with me – do not. And do not tell me “it’s just business.” No! You know what I mean? Russian wanted me to take – and I have come.

– In the US you love?

– Of course. But this something I’m used to. But I never dreamed that me so warmly in Russia would react. Agree, if a person who hates you on the idea of ​​suddenly declares his love, it produces a powerful effect. And it’s awesome.

– Why do you think that you are hated?

– When I was young, we were taught that there is the United States is – Russia. White and black. But now I realized that it is impossible so to divide people. Someone will say, “Russian others.” Nothing like this, we’re all the same – God’s children.

– As the American press reacted to your decision about the second citizenship?

– Some positive who -That negative. I do not have much time to understand this. I personally nobody said anything.

– Have to take you to part with American citizenship?

– No, I’m planning to live in two countries – six months Russia, six – in the USA. I’m not a deserter, and try to speak a unifying figure. Yes, some people in the United States against my decision. But soon they will realize that this is just an attempt to build bridges between the two nations. Perhaps, in my example, people will think and realize that there is not so bad as some people write. That is my goal. To help people open their eyes and see what I see.

Otdelinformatsii

End – page . 8

‘; var elem = document.getElementById (‘AdFox_customEmbed’); elem.setAttribute (‘id’, ‘AdFox_customEmbed’ + pr1); elem.innerHTML = ”; elem.innerHTML + = ”;
 }) ();
 
 AdFox_getCodeScript(1,pr1,’//ads.adfox.ru/217416/prepareCode?pp=g&ps=bmmf&p2=ezhd&pct=a&plp=a&pli=a&pop=a&pr=’ + Pr + ‘& amp; pt = b & amp; pd =’ + addate.getDate () + ‘& amp; pw =’ + addate.getDay () + ‘& amp; pv =’ + addate.getHours () + ‘& amp; prr = ‘+ afReferrer +’ & amp; puid1 = ‘+ ASPQ_GAqgW5 +’ & amp; puid2 = ‘+ crtg_content +’ & amp; dl = ‘+ dl +’ & amp; pr1 = ‘+ pr1);
 // – & Gt;
          }
 // End of code call their advertising – & gt;
             );
         });
         t = d.getElementsByTagName (“script”) [0];
         s = d.createElement (“script”);
         s.type = “text / javascript”;
         s.src = “//an.yandex.ru/system/context.js”;
         s.async = true;
         t.parentNode.insertBefore (s, t);
     }) (this, this.document, “yandexContextAsyncCallbacks”);
 
LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment