Monday, August 10, 2015

Yulia Efimova, “team fell apart. The absolute failure! “- TVNZ

Four-time world champion Julia Efimova , won the bronze medal at the last day of the 50m breaststroke, came in the mixed zone and made a frank opinion about what is happening inside the team.

– Julia, if you said before the World Cup that will be gold and bronze, how would you react to this?

– Poor. Always tune for the best. I wanted all three breaststroke distances to show the result of a higher level.

– The most dramatic moment for you – absenteeism in the semi-finals at the 200m breaststroke, where you took the gold in Barcelona. And at night you someone groaning and heavy baton was yesterday. Describe that moment.

– Yes, a lot of things happened. I would not say that this is due to the fact that to me bursting. Although then I could not sleep half an hour. I sleep in a hotel for 4-5 hours a day. Very hard, nervously. Music plays in the hotel until midnight, then three in the morning moving furniture. But all this stuff.

It killed me mixed medley relay 4×100 m. And all the accusations in our direction. Like, are we with Nastya (Zueva – Fesikovoy – Ed.) Killed finals. Swim we better would Medal.

But for some reason our head coaches did not look that all the teams put the first two boys, and then – two girls. I had a feeling that we Nastya thrown into a meat grinder and milled.

After that I could not for a long time to recover. Very sorry … I was saving power for 200 meters, that was enough for the final. She was very tired and distraught. We went for the gold in the relay. And it so happened that not even took the bronze. It is very sad and a shame

– You said in an interview: “The team broke up.” Mean climate?

– Of course. Two weeks before the competition, I was away from the team. Already I am trying to the maximum distance from the team – it always stood for the team and I consider myself a team man. But’m away from superiors and coaches.

But even in Italy, I already started to shake. We decided that the first was in Volgograd kursovki. Again dootbiralis. But why? It was after the Russian championship, the official selection. For some reason, we were not satisfied.

And when we arrived in Kazan, it all started on a new – kursovki directly at the world championships. In the morning, we put the strongest team of boys rather than to give them a rest. Two change, as is usually done in other commands.

Some guys come here, prostartovalis not selected – and walked all the competitions. I do not know what it was doing? If we had two evening fresh guy in the relay would have been any different. It was obvious we lost 0.45 cents.

And there are a lot of things – Efimova recalls several cases. – They are very exhausting.

– you touched it?

– No, but I’m always for the team. I understand that all the tune. I approach to the coaches and tried to prove something. To which I replied: “Say thank you, that you do not touch».

– Who said so?

– Viktor Avdiyenko. Its role, I do not understand. We have a head coach, we have a president of the federation. But who works Avdienko and why he is constantly with the team gives all the instructions? It happens all the time.

– What do you respond to those words?

– «Thank you for not touching.” Probably because of this, I took gold and bronze. I do not touch. But I’m – so emotional person that always support the team.

– What you need to change in order to successfully perform in Rio 2016?

– It is necessary to put more heads. I tried after Sasha Popov break four years ago. He said: “If you want the gold medal at the Olympics, I can do it.” But apparently, we do not need it. And the whole system of Volgograd, which now dominates the national team – I have no words.

– This is not discourages travel to the Russian team?

– Just because I – a fan, and this is my homeland. I – a patriot. And even they could not have me, it beat off. Two years ago, we had a conversation. Yes, coach me now do not talk at all. But with the rest of the guys – all the same. “You’re nobody, you’re nothing,” math peremat. I am after all a team. For me there is a particular negative.

– Russian swimmers won four medals in Kazan. But can it be called the Russian national team performance failure?

– This is an absolute failure. You could speak quite differently. Moreover, it is home the world championship. Why it was impossible for him to prepare for a human being?

Also, the Olympics will. Nothing will change.

– What do you think of Vladimir Morozov? It pursues the wild luck.

– I would advise leaving Vova from Volgograd to hell. And soon. When Morozov trains in America, it looks quite different. Let Vova think with your head.

– Still possible some dialogue?

– And what’s the point to talk to me? I say, “Do not say that again, bad girl!” They will say: “Yes, we do it.” But nothing changes.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment