Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Denis Kudryavtsev first medal and the record RUSSIA – SPORT – EXPRESS

ATHLETICS

The first world championship medal for the Russian team last won the 23-year-old runner from Chelyabinsk, became the second in the 400 meters barriers and sensationally pobivshy national record set in 1998. Kudryavtsev, in which, until recently, believed only by his personal trainer, left without winning many famous rivals and became a real discovery of the competition in Beijing.

Denis Kudryavtsev first medal AND RECORD RUSSIAN

Vladimir Ivanov

Beijing

– Until Tuesday the Russian team was not a single medal. In this regard felt by high blood pressure?

– It was hard only at the moment when I stood in front of the pads, and someone nearby began to shout: “Dan, come on!”. I do not know, our whether they were or someone specifically wanted me to knock down.

– In connection with the doping stories increased pressure against the Russian team at this World Cup felt?

– No. The meeting was also told that if we are to be discriminated against, directly approach the senior coach. They will understand. Russia – is not a country that would give itself in insult. Needless to slander us. Let each look to his side. There are no unpleasant precedents were not. If you are interested, I can just say that we are very good at communicating with Ukrainian children. I am sure that they all congratulated me. And if ran bad – I would sit down beside him and supported.

– You know that to this day in the 400 meters hurdles, Russians have never won a medal at the world championships?

– Of course. Now the gap is eliminated.

– You have been weighed on the fact that you have reached the final with the best result?

– Psychologically, it was easier. I understand that everyone should be afraid of me. Though especially not thought about it. Thoughts were running only competent. It turned out almost all.

– Almost?

– Well, Bette Kenyan Nicholas appeared banal physically stronger than me. And I myself have slowed at the finish. We have to work on it.

– In Beijing you are traveling with the 13th result of the season in the world. What initially expected?

– We are aware that it is possible to add a well. Still, a great stadium, a strong contender.

– And at some point you got the feeling that you can deal with anyone?

– Even in training. Although this medal will add even more confidence in themselves. That is what she is important in the first place.

– How much you had to basically break the record of Russia?

– not to think about it. This problem does not stand. I wanted to just spend tactically run.

– Your former coach Vladislav Shiryaev said that you wanted to give up the barriers and go to the “smooth” running.

– Yes. I remember even sat down at the start and let a tear. Then he kicked the barriers. Did not want to see them.

– What did Shiryaev?

– talk to me, and we continued to train …

– How to convince?

– Said, “I want it!” And he sees a lot of potential in me and I have to run around the barriers. For me, the coach – it’s more than an ordinary person. Disobey, I can not in principle.

Details – p. 8

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment