Friday, January 2, 2015

Gerard Houllier: I remember accidentally saw 17-year-old Gerrard in the game “junior” – Soviet Sport

Ex-mentor “Liverpool” Gerard Houllier told about how attracted 17-year-old Steven Gerrard to games the basic structure of “red».

– I remember when I first saw Stevie. We needed a player to the right
 edge, and I was advised one player from the “junior”. “Liverpool” played
  with their peers from “Blackburn”, and I decided to look at whether football
  in the case. Within a few minutes I realized that the guy we were talking about, I
  not suitable. But I noticed a player who played in the
 center. He moved across the field, directed the actions of their
 partners struggled here and there, while maintaining a high
 pace of the game.
 

During the break, I asked: “Who is this guy? Where is he? “I said,
 that is a graduate of the club’s academy, he was 17 years old, but he was released in a match
 team players no older than 19 years, to strengthen the structure. Said that he
 little plays, because often gets damaged.
 

 In the second half he was as good as the first. After the game I
 came to him and said, “Tomorrow you will train with the first
 team “- quoted Houllier The Guardian.

Steven Gerrard stands for” Liverpool “with
 1999. Together with the team he won the FA Cup twice, thrice – English Cup
 League. Twice he became the winner of the FA Cup and European Super Cup.
 Also with the team he won the Champions League and the UEFA Cup. Repeatedly
 it recognized player of the year in England according to the players professionals
 fans and journalists.

This season, Steven Gerrard spent 26
 matches for “Liverpool” and scored seven goals while scoring one transfer.

Note that the services Gerrard showing interest several clubs of the North American League MLS.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment