Sunday, May 31, 2015

As Gradovich lost a world title – Dni.Ru

Russian boxer Eugene Gradovich in last weekend lost his world title for the IBF featherweight title, losing to Briton Lee Selby. According to experts, the reason for the defeat of the Russians was the poor quality training for a fight, and not quite obetivnoe refereeing.

The fight Gradovich Selby took place in London on May 30. For the Russians it was the fifth defense of the title he won in March 2013. In the eighth round referee stopped the fight. Thus, Selby won by TKO, winning the championship belt. For Gradovich it was the first defeat of his career, has previously won 19 fights in the professional ring.

Eugene was not in great shape, and it affected the course of the battle . Usually it closes rival in the corner, and the hard-hitting is successful. Of course, the opponent was a skilled and well prepared tactically. But he was not the strongest opponent in the career of Eugene. And Gradovich chosen tactics longer exhausted themselves in the eighth round. And his chances of winning, if the fight was continued, were not so high, “- he said the famous fight promoter Andrew Shkalikov.

At the same time, he noted that the refereeing was not entirely objective. “If we assess the refereeing, I would just put one or two round wife in place of all the judges. I do not know why one referee gave all rounds Selby. This” home “was once the refereeing in Germany , but has led to the fact that there are now boxing is over. Because all the matches were predictable, and if you spend an equal fight, you will not see the victory. And I, too, so it was. But there the situation has changed recently, and in the UK does not change anything ” – quotes Shkalikov “R-Sport”.

manager Egis Klimas Gradovich felt the referee in a fight with Briton Lee Selby produced a “muddy” to stop the fight . “Definitely, Eugene did not lose this fight. I do not exclude that he lost in one or two rounds, but there were still five! And stop was unreal,” the left. “In addition, dissection revealed as a result of a clash of heads and double shoulder. A because we all know how Jack works in the later rounds. And even more so in the league. Now let Selby proves that it is a “fake” champion, as did Jack in two fights with Billy Deeb “- quoted Klimas SportBox.

Selby after his victory over the Russian said that the judge made the right decision to stop the fight. “When I go out to battle, then I go out to adjust to the opponent. In the first round I’m working the jab and watch what went into the ring my opponent, and my style allows me to adapt. If you go ahead, I go forward. Or I can box sitting on the back foot. I caught it and shook, but did not finish, I still have it dismantled. It is similar to my last opponent, so I would break it, but we had two clash of heads, and the fight was stopped “, – quotes the Briton allboxing.ru.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment