Sunday, August 24, 2014

Alexei Morozov, “On the farewell match of thought. Chekhov but played with Kovalchuk” – SPORT – EXPRESS

On Sunday 37-year-old former striker, “Wings of the Soviets”, “Pittsburgh”, “Ak Bars” and CSKA announced his retirement. The reasons for such a decision silver medalist in 1998, two-time world champion, five-time national champion, a member of the “Club 1000″ is told in an interview with “SE”.

PHOTO:
career Alexei Morozov

choice to make

– The reason for the call, you know, sad.

– Too much something today calls for Sunday (laughs) . And if a sadness, it’s not about me. The decision is taken, and I accepted the fact that I finished with what he likes. Forever will not play when something you still have to finish.

– You had a distinguished career, but in the end it turns out that part with hockey for a few minor note . Do not hurt?

– Not at all. Pleased with what was able to achieve. Played with great partners, there were many brilliant victories, but understand that my time is running out. Run the clubs I was not used – it happened. Started in “Wings of the Soviets”, spent seven seasons in North America for “Pittsburgh”, after returning long played in “Ak Bars”, well, last year – CSKA – turned crumpled. Hoped that I would return to Moscow and everything will be fine, but do not ask. However, again, no I do not regret – happy career.

– Before the announcement of the departure of you have had more than a month to think. The decision is not easy, and certainly before its adoption remembers some particularly dear to you career highlights. Can highlight something?

– nostalgia start later, when finally realize that his career is over. Summer pondering how best for me to close. As a result, the family council decided – the right thing to finish and spend more time on domestic affairs.

– A people of the hockey world consulted?

– A lot of guys called, interested in my plans. As soon as someone from the friends know that I am inclined to care, urged not to jump to conclusions, wait. But I have the right to make that decision personally. The main thing – family support. And now satisfied that in life there was certainty. No longer have to torture yourself with constant reflections, wait for offers. The choice is made.

FOR their statistics should not be

– After leaving CSKA your name pops up in the context of several clubs in the KHL. Indeed, looked at some options?

– the information appears untrue. After the termination of the contract with CSKA Moscow told the agent that no proposals will not be considered and no work on my employment is not necessary to carry out. As I said, first of all I define myself: if I wanted to go somewhere to continue his career. Moreover, I was not prepared for the season as needed hockey player who seeks to sign a contract.

– By the way, you can go to give the number of points scored for a career ?

– Just remember that overcame thousand boundary. And how much added after that, I do not know.

– Total you 1063 points.

– Let it (laughs). For my statistics should never be – more for the club.

– farewell match in the plans had been ?

– I confess, have not thought. But I can say that gladly accepted the offer to Ilya Kovalchuk to take part in a charity match “From a pure heart” on August 30 in Chekhov. We are pleased to get in the area, remember what it is.

– That is all the fans who want to see a hockey player Alexei Morozov on the ice, it is necessary to go to Chekhov, so as a farewell match can not be?

– It is not excluded. On the topic of farewell match with any agent or anyone else did not communicate. And while not inclined to think, to seriously engage with this issue.

My decision was not a secret

– But hockey something to watch going?

– sure. And what else? Hockey – my favorite sport, and even now, though I am on vacation, on the internet I watch what is happening, as the team prepared for the season. In the course of all the results – in tournaments and friendly matches.

– In this case, a coach, or as it has become fashionable in finished his playing career, managerial activities you attracts?

– I just today announced the completion of his playing career, and you’re already asking about coaching or administrative work. Now spend their children to school and I’ll think what to do next (laughs).

– We’re talking about an hour after the release of information about your care. Calls, messages are shaft?

– Inner Circle, you understand, was aware of my decision, and indeed for the hockey world, it’s no secret. Still, the guys talk to each other on the same duties. So basically calls come from journalists.

– From the “Ak Bars” on the connection still not out? Do not call the date when your sweater with a 95-m number raise under the arches of the Kazan arena?

– No. But in any case, this decision is the responsibility of management of the club. Live – see.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment